July 2010 Regents’ Meeting
Thursday, July 15, 2010 - Regents’ Room
Call to Order
- President’s Opening Remarks
Clements Library Update
CESF Reports: Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint Campuses
Presentation: University of Michigan Film Office
Regents’ Committee Reports
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Personnel, Compensation and Governance Committee
- Health Affairs Committee
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
Regular Business Agenda
Consent Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections I-VIII)
- Approval of June 17, 2010 Minutes
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- Regents Report on Non-Competitive Purchases over $5,000 from Single Sources, March 16, 2010 - June 15, 2010
- University Human Resources Report
- Litigation Report
- Research Report
- Other Reports (no documents)
- University of Michigan Health System
- Division of Student Affairs
- Dearborn Campus
- Flint Campus
- Faculty Governance Update
- Michigan Student Assembly Report
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support, June 30, 2010
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS
(Summary and Individual Regents Communications for items 1-9) (Use “bookmark” feature when viewing PDF document.)
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, with tenure
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, without tenure
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff
- Recommendations for approval of joint or additional appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected academic administrative staff
- Recommendations for approval of leaves of absence for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff
- Establishing and renaming professorships and selected academic administrative positions
Recommendations for approval of other personnel transactions for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff
University of Michigan-Flint
Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff
Recommendations for approval of joint or additional appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected administrative staff
Ann Arbor campus
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers’ Employee Organization (LEO) Activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for Donna L. Algase, Ph.D., Josephine Sana Collegiate Professor of Nursing and professor of nursing; Mila Blaivas, M.D., Ph.D., clinical associate professor of pathology; Sharon L. Brooks, D.D.S., professor of dentistry and associate professor of oral and maxillofacial radiology; Gordon M. Crippen, Ph.D., professor of pharmaceutical chemistry; Joseph C. Fantone III, M.D., Godfrey D. Stobbe Professor of Pathology Education, professor of pathology, associate dean for medical education, and director of the anatomic pathology division; and Stephen R. Ramsburgh, M.D., clinical assistant professor of pathology
No deaths of active faculty members were reported this month.
- Approval of final degree lists for April 2010 commencement
- Approval of changes to previously approved degree lists
Regular Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections IX-X)
- Alternative Asset Commitment
South State Commons II, LLC
University Endowment Distribution Policy
Crisler Arena Renovation
Golf Practice Facility
Institute for Social Research Addition
North Campus Chiller Plant Expansion
Proposed License Agreement with University Corporation for Advanced Internet Development
Authorization to purchase assets from United Bank and Trust - Washtenaw (UBT)
Proposed Agreement with Productivity Improvement LLC.
Renewal of Maintenance Agreement with Arbor Networks, Inc.
Authorization for payment to Avicenna Medical Systems, Inc.
Option Agreement between the University of Michigan and ArborLight, Inc.
License Agreement between the University of Michigan and Synaptin, LLC
Amendment to License Agreement between the University of Michigan and Armune BioScience, Inc.
Research Agreement between the University of Michigan and Civionics LLC
Option Agreement between the University of Michigan and Life Magnetics, Inc.
License Agreement between the University of Michigan and Nymirum, Inc.
Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Patient Provider Communications, Inc.
- Henry Russel Lecturer for 2011
- Henry Russel Awards for 2011
- 2010 Ann Arbor Campus Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty Report
- 2010 Dearborn Campus Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty Report
- 2010 Flint Campus Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty Report
- Regents’ Meeting Schedule for 2010
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA-RELATED TOPICS
*The agenda and the items linked from this page are an unofficial version of this month’s Regents’ Meeting Agenda. The official and authoritative version of the agenda is kept on file in the Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University.
back to top