May 2009 Regents’ Meeting
Thursday, May 14, 2009 - Music Room, Henry Ford Estate - Fair Lane, UM-Dearborn
Call to Order
- President’s Opening Remarks
- Presentation: “Civic Engagement Project at UM-Dearborn”
- Regents’ Committee Report
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Personnel, Compensation and Governance Committee
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Regular Business Agenda
Regular Business Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of April 16, 2009 Meeting
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- University Human Resources Report
- Litigation Report
- Research Report
- Other Reports (no documents)
- University of Michigan Health System
- Division of Student Affairs
- Dearborn Campus
- Flint Campus
- Faculty Governance Update
- Michigan Student Assembly Report
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support, April 30, 2009
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS
(Summary and Individual Regents Communications for items 2-10) (Use “bookmark” feature when viewing PDF document.)
- Recommended promotions to the ranks of professor and associate professor, 2009-2010 (click here)
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, with tenure(Double Click Here to Begin.html)
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff
- Recommendations for approval of joint or additional appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected academic administrative staff
- Recommendations for approval of leaves of absence for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff
- Establishing and renaming professorships and selected academic administrative positions.
Recommendations for approval of other personnel transactions for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, with tenure
Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff
Ann Arbor Campus
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO) activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for Dorit D. Adler, M.D., professor of radiology; Robert A. Fakler, Ph.D., associate professor of mathematics, UM-Dearborn; A. Roberto Frisancho, Ph.D., Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, professor of anthropology, and research professor; John L. Gland, Ph.D., professor of chemistry and applied physics; Thomas A. Green, Ph.D., John Philip Dawson Collegiate Professor of Law, professor of law, and professor of history; Srinika (Siri) Jayaratne, Ph.D., professor of social work; Alan D. Krisch, Ph.D., professor of physics; John M. Lawler, Ph.D., associate professor of linguistics; Bonnie L. Metzger, Ph.D., professor of nursing; Richard S. Raymond, Ph.D., assistant research scientist; Brett A. Seabury, D.S.W., associate professor of social work; Marilyn J. Shatz, Ph.D., professor pf psychology and professor of linguistics; Vitalij Shevoroshkin, Ph.D., professor of linguistics and professor of Slavic languages and literatures; A.W. Brian Simpson, M.A., Charles F. and Edith J. Clyne Professor of Law and professor of law; Jeffrey J. Stern, Ph.D., professor of psychology, UM-Dearborn; Marilyn J. Svejda, Ph.D., associate professor of nursing; B. Alan Taylor, Ph.D., professor of mathematics; James A. Turner, M.A., professor of architecture; G. Joseph Vining, J.D., Harry Burns Hutchins Collegiate Professor of Law and professor of law; Walter J. Weber Jr., Ph.D., Gordon Maskew Fair and Earnest Boyce Distinguished University Professor of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, professor of civil and environmental engineering, and professor of chemical engineering; Gernot Windfuhr, Ph.D., professor of Iranian studies; Paul W. Zitzewitz, Ph.D., professor of physics and professor of science education, UM-Dearborn; and Jens C. Zorn, Ph.D., professor of physics
No deaths of active faculty memberes were submitted to the regents this month.
There are no actions with respect to degrees this month.
Regular Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections IX-X)
- Law School Academic Building and Hutchins Hall Law School Commons Addition
- Intercollegiate Soccer Stadium
- Naming of the Biomedical Science Research Building Auditorium
- Authorization for approval of Athletic Department summer camp contracts
- Authorization to enter into an agreement with Biodiscovery-llc c/b/a MYcroarray.com
- Lease amendment agreement with Milcom, Inc.
- Non-disclosure agreement between the University of Michigan and OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Nymirum, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Arbor Photonics, Inc.
- Research Agreement between the University of Michigan and LimnoTech, Inc.
- Approval of the 2009-2010 University Housing Residence Hall and Northwood Community Apartments Rates
- Approval of Academic Calendar for 2011-2012
- Change in name of the School of Management to the College of Business at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
PUBLIC COMMENTS (Non-Agenda-Related Topics)
*The agenda and the items linked from this page are an unofficial version of this month’s Regents’ Meeting Agenda. The official and authoritative version of the agenda is kept on file in the Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University.
back to top