December 2008 Regents’ Meeting
Thursday, December 18, 2008 - Regents’ Room
Call to Order
- President’s Opening Remarks
- Regents’ Resolution in Honor of 2009 Rhodes Scholar
- Annual Environmental Report
- Regents’ Committee Reports
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Personnel, Compensation and Governance Committee
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Regular Business Agenda
*Consent Agenda* (Roman Numeral Sections I-VIII)
- Approval of Minutes of November 20, 2008 Meeting
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- University Human Resources Report (no document)
- Litigation Report
- Research Report
- Other Reports (no documents)
- University of Michigan Health System
- Division of Student Affairs
- Flint Campus
- Dearborn Campus
- Faculty Governance Update
- Michigan Student Assembly Report
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support, November 30, 2008
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS (Summary Listing of Personnel Actions)
(Individual Regents Communications for items 1-6)
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, with tenure.
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff.
- Recommendations for approval of joint or additional appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected academic administrative staff.
- Establishing and renaming professorships and selected academic administrative positions.
- Recommendations for approval of other personnel transactions for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
- Ann Arbor Campus
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO) Activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for Violet H. Barkauskas, Ph.D., associate professor of nursing; James A. Chaffers, D.Arch., professor of architecture; Joseph D. Dennison, D.D.S., M.S., professor of dentistry; Eric J. Essene, Ph.D., William C. Kelly Collegiate Professor of Geological Sciences and professor of geological sciences; Luis O. Gómez, Ph.D., Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, professor of Asian languages and cultures, and professor of psychology and religious studies; Margaret I. Lomax, Ph.D., research professor, Michael J. Longo, Ph.D., professor of physics; Susan J. Pritzel, B.S., M.A., assistant professor of dental hygiene; Carroll Smith-Rosenberg, Ph.D., professor of history, professor of American culture, and professor of women’s studies; James H. Vincent, Ph.D., professor of environmental health; Patricia B. Yocum, A.M., A.M.L.S., librarian.
No deaths of active faculty members were reported to the Regents this month.
- Approval of August 2008 doctoral degree list
- Approval of final degree lists for April 2008 and August 2008 commencement
- Approval of changes to previously approved degree lists
Regular Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections IX-X)
- Supplemental Information to the Audited Financial Statements of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics of the University of Michigan for the Year Ended June 30, 2008
- Alternative Asset Commitments
- Public Equity Investment
- Engineering Programs Building Addition
- University Stores and Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building Museum of Zoology Collection Relocation and Renovations
- Business Administration Executive Dormitory and Sam Wyly Hall Guest Room Area Renovations
- François Xavier Bagnound Building Ultra-Low Vibration Laboratory
- Intercollegiate Athletics Soccer Fields
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers University Hospital Inpatient Bed Expansion - Unit 7A
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers University Hospital Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Scanner Expansion
- Material Transfer Agreement between the University of Michigan and Armune BioScience, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Nico Technologies Corporation
- Patent License Agreement between the University of Michigan and Biotectix, LLC
- Option Agreement between the University of Michigan and Medigenix, LLC
- Collaboration Agreement among the University of Michigan, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft sur Forderung der angewadten Forschung e.V. and Fraunhofer USA, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Michigan Engineering Services, LLC
- 173.5 Acres of Land with Buildings Located in Washtenaw County, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Approval of proposed changes to the University of Michigan-Dearborn Academic Calendars for the Fall Term 2008 and the Fall Term 2009
*The agenda and the items linked from this page are an unofficial version of this month’s Regents’ Meeting Agenda. The official and authoritative version of the agenda is kept on file in the Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University.
back to top
[an error occurred while processing this directive]