April 2009 Regents’ Meeting
Thursday, April 16, 2009 - Regents’ Room
Call to Order
President’s Opening Remarks
Financial Aid Update
Regents’ Committee Reports
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Personnel, Compensation and Governance Committee
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
Regular Business Agenda
Consent Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections I-VIII)
- Approval of Minutes of March 19, 2009 Meeting
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- Regents Report on Non-competitive Purchases over $5,000 from Single Sources, December 16, 2008 through March 15, 2009
- University Human Resources Report (no report this month)
- Litigation Report
- Research Report
- Other Reports (no documents)
- University of Michigan Health System
- Division of Student Affairs
- Dearborn Campus
- Flint Campus
- Faculty Governance Update
- Michigan Student Assembly Report
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support, March 31, 2009
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS
(Summary and Individual Regents Communications for items 1-5) (Use “bookmark” feature when viewing PDF document.)
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, with tenure.
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff.
- Recommendations for approval of joint or additional appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected academic administrative staff.
- Recommendations for approval of leaves of absence for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
- Recommendations for approval of other personnel transactions for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO) Activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for Cynthia S. Pomerleau, Ph.D., research professor, and Ovide F. Pomerleau, Ph.D., professor of psychology
- Adoption of memorial statement for Matthew Hilton-Watson, Ph.D., associate professor of foreign languages, University of Michigan-Flint
- There are no actions with respect to degrees this month
- Alternative Asset Commitments
- Report of University Internal Audits, February 2009
- Revised Parking Permit Rate Increases for Fiscal Year 2010
- Planned Uses of Income from the Julian A. Wolfson and the Marguerite Wolfson Endowment Funds for the fiscal year 2009-2010
- Appointment of Auditors
- Couzens Hall Renovation
- Engineering Programs Building Addition
- Thompson Street Parking Structure Addition
- Lease amendment agreement with C-3 Partners
- Authorization to enter into an agreement with QE Tools, LLC
- Community of Interest Agreement between the University of Michigan and Tissue Regenerative Systems, Inc.
- Community of Interest Agreement between the University of Michigan and Incept BioSystems, Inc.
- Research Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Institute for Social and Environmental Research (ISER)
- Option Agreement between the University of Michigan and Nymirum, Inc.
- Master Agreement between the University of Michigan and Accord Biomaterials, LLC
- Master Confidential Disclosure Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Sarcoma Alliance for Research Through Collaboration
- Master Agreement between the University of Michigan and SWOG-Clinical Trials Initiative, LLC
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and ElectroDynamic Applications, Inc.
- License Agreement between the University of Michigan and ImBio, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Greenleaf Center for Servant-Leadership
- William L. Clements Library director reporting relationship
- Proposed Amendments to Regents’ Bylaws
- Appointment and reappointments to the Washtenaw Community Health Organization (WCHO) Board of Directors
- Non-tenure-track Clinical Appointment Sequence in the College of Engineering
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA-RELATED TOPICS
*The agenda and the items linked from this page are an unofficial version of this month’s Regents’ Meeting Agenda. The official and authoritative version of the agenda is kept on file in the Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University.
back to top