July 2023 Regents’ Meeting
Thursday, July 20, 2023, University Hall, Alexander G. Ruthven Building
The public will be able to livestream the regents meeting by clicking on a link from the main U-M website or using this direct link: www.umich.edu/watch/.
Call to Order
- President’s Opening Remarks
- Chair Report
- Public Comment an Agenda Items
- Regular Business Agenda
Consent Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections I-VIII)
- Approval of June 15, 2023 Minutes
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- University Human Resources Report
- Litigation Report
- Regents Report on Non-Competitive Purchases equal to or over $10,000 from Single Sources, March 16, 2023 through June 15, 2023
- Research Report
- University of Michigan Health System Report (no documents)
- Student Life Report (no documents)
- Dearborn Campus Report (no documents)
- Flint Campus Report (no documents)
- Faculty Governance Report
- Student Government Reports
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support (no documents)
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS
- July 2023 Personnel Actions
- Committee Appointments
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers’ Employee Organization (LEO) Activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for Cleopatra Howard Caldwell, Ph.D., professor and chair of health behavior and health education; Ian Hiskens, Ph.D., Vennema Professor of Engineering and professor of electrical engineering and computer science; Martin M. Kaufman, Ph.D., David M. French Professor and professor of geography, planning and environment, UM-Flint; Rajan P. Nair, Ph.D., associate research scientist, dermatology; James Ottaviani, B.S., M.S., M.S., librarian; Jwo Pan, Ph.D., professor of mechanical engineering; Randall L. Repic, Ph.D., professor of geography, planning and environment, UM-Flint; Mary J. Schleppegrell, Ph.D., professor of education; Beverley A. Smith, Ph.D., associate professor of anthropology, UM-Flint; Lawrence R. Stump, M.Ed., CRNA, clinical assistant professor of public health and health sciences, UM-Flint; Dale J. Trela, Ph.D., professor of English; Armin W. Troesch, Ph.D., ABS Professor of Marine and Offshore Design Performance and professor of naval architecture and marine engineering; and David M. Williams, M.D., Kyung J. Cho Collegiate Professor of Radiology, professor radiology, and professor of internal medicine.
- No deaths of active faculty members were reported to the regents this month.
- There are no actions with respect to degrees this month.
- Alternative Asset Commitment
- University of Michigan Health C.S. Mott Children’s and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospitals New Birth Center Patient Rooms
- Authorization for the University to enter into an agreement with Ann Arbor
- Authorization for the University to transact with Citrimer, Inc.
- Authorization for the University to transact with epiSLS, Inc.
- Authorization for the University to transact with Jim Toy Community Center
- Authorization for the University to contract with QE Tools, LLC
- Authorization for the University to enter into a contract with Cubeworks Inc.
- Commercialization Agreements with the University of Michigan
- Project Agreements with the University of Michigan
- Approval of Amended Academic Calendar for 2023-2024 for the University of Michigan-Dearborn campus
- Approval of the Academic Calendar for 2025-2026 for the University of Michigan-Dearborn campus
- Approval of an update to Academic Calendar for 2023-2024 for the University of Michigan-Flint
- Henry Russel Lecturer and Henry Russel Awards for 2023
- Regents’ Bylaws Sec. 4.01 - The University Senate
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA-RELATED TOPICS
*The agenda and the items linked from this page are an unofficial version of this month’s Regents’ Meeting Agenda. The official and authoritative version of the agenda is kept on file in the Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University.
back to top