February 2007 Regents’ Meeting
Thursday, February 15, 2007- Regents’ Room
Call to Order
- President’s Opening Remarks
- Presentation: Life Sciences Institute
- Regular Business Agenda
Regular Business Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of January 18, 2007 Meeting
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- Human Resources and Affirmative Action Report
- Litigation Report
- Research Report
- Other Reports (no documents)
- University of Michigan Health System
- Division of Student Affairs
- Flint Campus
- Dearborn Campus
- Faculty Governance Update
- Michigan Student Assembly Report (no document)
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support, January 31, 2007
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS (Click here for PDF of items 1-5)
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotons for regular associate and full professor tracks ranks, without tenure.
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
- Recommendations for approval of joint appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected administrative staff.
- Establishing and renaming professorships and selected academic administrative positions.
- Recommendations for approval of other personnel transactions for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO) activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for: John G. Constant, Ph.D ., associate professor of music history at UM-Dearborn; Neil M. Flax, Ph.D., associate professor of comparative literature and German at UM-Dearborn; Ziad A. Kronfol, M.D ., associate professor of psychiatry; and M. Haskell Newman, M. D., clinical professor of surgery.
- No deaths of active faculty members were reported to the Regents this month.
- Approval of final degree list for December 2006 commencements
- Approval of changes to previously approved degree lists
- Parking Permit Rate Increases for FY 2008 - FY 2010
- Alternative Asset Commitment
- Alternative Asset Commitment
- Financing of the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers C.S. Mott Children’s and Women’s Hospitals Replacement Project
- Betsy Barbour House and Helen Newberry Residence Fire Supression System Upgrades
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers Medical Professional Building Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Unit Replacement(/files/meetings/01-07/01-2007-IX-7.pdf)
- School of Nursing Building Renovations in the Children’s Center
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers University Hospital Process Chilled Water System Expansion(/files/meetings/01-07/01-2007-IX-9.pdf)
- Naming of Baseball and Softball Complex in Honor of the Wilpon Family(/files/meetings/01-07/01-2007-IX-10.pdf)
- Central Campus Recreation Building, Bell Pool and Dance Building Roof Replacement(/files/meetings/01-07/01-2007-IX-11.pdf)
- Intramural Sports Building Roof Replacement(/files/meetings/01-07/01-2007-IX-12.pdf)
- Approval of Payment for Equilibrium
- Contract between the University of Michigan and Xoran Technologies
- Assignment Agreement between the University of Michigan, GMP Immunotherapeutics, Inc., and Lycera
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and T/.J Technologies, Inc.
- License Agreement between the University of Michigan and SensiGen, LLC
- Research Agreement between the University of Michigan and Ascenta Therapeutics, Inc.(/files/meetings/01-07/01-2007-IX-20.pdf)
- New Graduate Degree Program to be offered by University of Michigan-Flint College of Arts and Sciences (Masters of Arts in English)
- New Undergraduate Degree Program to be offered by University of Michigan-Flint College of Arts and Sciences (Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry)
- New Undergraduate Degree Program to be offered by University of Michigan-Flint College of Arts and Sciences (Bachelor of Science in Theatre Design and Technology)
- New Undergraduate Degree Program to be offered by University of Michigan-Flint College of Arts and Sciences (Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication)
PUBLIC COMMENTS (Non-Agenda-Related Topics)
*The agenda and the items linked from this page are an unofficial version of this month’s Regents’ Meeting Agenda. The official and authoritative version of the agenda is kept on file in the Office of the Vice President and Secretary of the University.
back to top