- Meet the Regents
- Regents’ Meetings
- Meeting Archives
- Chapter I. The Board of Regents
- Chapter II. University Executive Officers
- Chapter III. Business Management, Finance, and Property
- Chapter IV. The University Senate
- Chapter V. The Faculties And Academic Staff
- Chapter VI. Schools and Colleges: Program Definitions
- Chapter VII. Student Affairs
- Chapter VIII. Admission And Registration Of Students
- Chapter IX. Commencement And Degrees
- Chapter X. Fees And Charges
- Chapter XI. The Schools And Colleges And Affiliated Units
- Chapter XII. The University Libraries
- Chapter XIII. Other University Units, Agencies, and Services
- Chapter XIV. Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations
- Regents’ Ordinance
- Seal, Trademarks and Copyright
- Office of Vice President
and Secretary of the University
Michael J. Behm
Michael J. Behm
The Law Office of Behm & Behm
209 Schwartz Drive
Flint, MI 48503
Phone: (810) 234-2400
Regent Behm, a Democrat from Grand Blanc, is vice chair of the Board of Regents. He received his A.B. degree from the University of Michigan in 1989 and his J.D. degree from Wayne State University in 1992.
Regent Behm is president and owner of the Law Office of Behm & Behm. He is also the chairperson of Business Forward Michigan and was a co-founder and former president of Level Field Institute.
Regent Behm is an AV rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell, is listed as a Michigan Super Lawyer, and is recognized by the American Trial Lawyers Association as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan. Additionally, Regent Behm is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and is one of 15 attorneys in the state of Michigan to be named a fellow in the Melvin M. Belli Society.
Regent Behm was an officer of the Michigan Association for Justice from 2008-12, serving as president in 2011-12. He also devotes his time to his local community where he serves on the Board of Trustees of the Flint Institute of Arts, is a Big Brother, through Big Brothers/Big Sisters, to two young men and is a founding member of the Flint Youth Initiative.
Regent Behm was elected to the Board of Regents in 2014. His term expires January 1, 2023.